Interesting Subjects in This Semester

            


I don't know whether writing is a fun activity for some people or vice versa. I do not know, whether I include people who like to write or vice versa. From the beginning, I just often dreamed of wanting to share something through writing. However, all of these things only continued to be wishful thinking until in the end, I was able to realize these writings thanks to the creative writing course that I took in this fifth semester. 

At the first meeting, my lecturer, Dr. Nurul Chojimah explained the learning system we will use in the Creative Writing course. And when she said that at every meeting we were required to write a writing, I was very excited and couldn't wait to write my first writing. During the first few weeks, I really enjoyed the writing process. Even though I often feel a little dizzy and want to give up, I still have many things that I want to share through writing. But over time I felt that all the things I wanted to share I had written on the blog. Until I often get dizzy thinking about what I will write at the next meeting. I also find it difficult to sort words, so I like to delete sentences that I have composed because they feel they don't fit. And of course, this has a long-term effect on composing writing.

Even so, I really agree with this learning method. Like it or not, we have to do routine activities every week, making us accustomed to writing, even if it's in a simple form. Indirectly, this is what can keep us growing. The more often we practice, we will also be better. Practicing can hone our skills. We will be more sensitive to what is lacking so that we can evaluate it and continue to improve so that we can become good writers. Moreover, in this course, we are not required to write long and perfect writing in beautiful languages. Of course, this makes it very easy for students to form writing habits. In my opinion, ten sentences every week is a sufficient portion. Not too much and not too little either. I keep remembering James Clear's book, Atomic Habit which says that we don't need to carry too much portion in forming a routine habit because it will only burden our minds so we tend not to do it. These small, tasteless portions can make us consistent in doing it because we won't feel that it is a burden.

Apart from that, we are also given the freedom to choose topics so this certainly makes it easier for us to explore many things that we want to share with our readers. Whether we realize it or not, we as writers also become readers of the writings of our friends. Indirectly, these writings can add to our knowledge of something, even if that something is of little value. So far, I have seen various titles written by my classmates, ranging from stories about their families, their experiences, their reviews of things, the activities they do and so on. From there I get a lot of new knowledge. That's why I really appreciate the learning system used in this course. I also really appreciate Dr. Nurul Chojimah who is always consistent in giving positive comments on our writings.

Finally, it doesn't feel like this writing has entered the 11th writing, or the last writing that I made because of this course. I hope, even though this course is over, I can be consistent in my writing even though it is not an assignment, but this writing activity has been formed and has become a routine activity that I do every week. Thank you to Dr. Nurul Chojimah who has provided very useful learning activities, where routine writing activities can have a long-term effect on forming writing habits


Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Connecting Youth and Children Through Sekolah Nusantara

Trigonometry - My Classmates at Senior High School

Planting Goodness With the Action of Planting Trees